TEKLYNX introduces TRACKSOFT to the Americas for traceability solutions from field to fork
12 February 2008
Easy-to-use software solution accurately tracks the geneology of manufactured food products...
MILWAUKEE - Feb. 13, 2008 - TEKLYNX International, the world's leading developer of software products for the AIDC marketplace, today announced the availability of TRACKSOFT traceability software, a complete food traceability solution for small- and medium-sized food growers and manufacturers to the North American market.
Already available in Western Europe, TRACKSOFT has proven to reduce liabilities and increase efficiencies throughout all phases of food manufacturing. It conforms to European Regulation (EC) No. 178/2002 and helps any food processor control and report complete geneology. TRACKSOFT builds on TEKLYNX' leadership in AIDC with an easy-to-use interface for both designers and operators, efficient scanner input capabilities, secure user account management, simple and efficient integration with many of the leading business management solutions, and a robust software design with Help available in six languages.
TRACKSOFT consists of four modules:
- Receiving - Allows operators to capture raw material information so it can be identified at any step in the manufacturing process.
- Production - Manages internal production by tracking materials through the manufacturing process.
- Shipment - Ensures tracking of shipments with a genealogy that starts before production through customer receipt.
- Tracing - Meets compliance standards by ensuring the traceability of materials/components.
TRACKSOFT is a production and management tool that improves workflow, inventory management and reporting. Several features combine to make it a true "field to fork" tracking solution.
- User-friendly forms guide users by listing all key data required for traceability.
- Automated bar code scanner data entry reduces errors.
- Reports can be created using any information in the system within minutes in case there is a problem.
- TRACKSOFT closely manages raw material inventory levels, identifies reorder points, etc.
- TRACKSOFT helps optimize production cycles by standardizing ingredient and finished goods tracking.
- TRACKSOFT automatically creates shipping labels (using data from the system).
- Shipping information is automatically available from the system
- The Shipping module also identifies the specific product to ship first in order to ensure maximum quality and freshness.
"TRACKSOFT makes it easy for companies that ship to the European Community to meet traceability compliance requirements for the materials/components that go into their products," commented Ken Robinson, TRACKSOFT product marketing manager. "Even if they don't sell to the European Community, with TRACKSOFT food manufacturers have a complete history of every ingredient right at their fingertips should a safety recall occur -- saving time, money and potentially saving lives."
TRACKSOFT is available immediately to the North American market through authorized TEKLYNX resellers. A free demo of TRACKSOFT is available for download from the Download Center on the www.teklynx.com Web site. Additional product information is available at: TRACKSOFT.
TEKLYNX International is the leading software developer of AIDC products including software for label design, server-side printing, tracking and mobility. Its software products feature the widest range of device and driver support in the industry. TEKLYNX is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and has connectivity relationships with multiple ERP software providers. Over 500,000 companies in 120 countries rely on its integrated software solutions for supply chain automation, warehouse management, shipping and receiving, inventory control and asset management. The company is headquartered in Milwaukee with operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China, and Singapore. More information on TEKLYNX International is available at www.teklynx.com
NOTE TO EDITORS: TEKLYNX and TRACKSOFT are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teklynx Newco SAS or its affiliated companies. All other brands and product names are the trademarks of their respective owners.
AIDC Automatic Identification and Data Capture
Genealogy History of all ingredients that go into a manufactured good
Traceability - Ability to trace the history, application or location of that which is under consideration
European regulation (EC) No. 178/2002 European General Food Law Regulation