TEKLYNX Introduces BACKTRACK 6.0 Asset and Inventory Tracking Software
17 June 2008
MILWAUKEE – June 18, 2008 – TEKLYNX® International, the world’s leading developer of software products for the AIDC marketplace, today introduced BACKTRACK® 6.0 – the latest version of its comprehensive asset and inventory tracking software system. The new version adds several capabilities, including Windows Vista support and improved database conversions.
- Windows Vista 32-bit compatibility
- Improved database conversion process – A redesigned BACKTRACK restore process speeds up the restoration of large-size backups on non-FoxPro databases, improves reliability, and displays a progress bar that shows the percentage of completion.
- Check-out preauthorization – BACKTRACK now verifies to see if a user has items checked out before the system allows the user to continue checking out additional items. It also notifies the user of the overdue items.
- Ability to store label files in user-defined directories – Designers now have the ability to choose the directory where a label file will be stored when a new label is created.
- Ability to choose an existing mapped network drive for network installation
BACKTRACK supports Microsoft Visual FoxPro, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, SQL Express 2005 and Microsoft Access databases. BACKTRACK continues to support legacy DOS-based portable data terminals (PDTs) and adds support for Windows mobile-based devices from Compsee, Denso, Opticon, Symbol and others. A complete list of supported devices is available at: www.teklynx.com/backtrack.
BACKTRACK supports all TEKLYNX label design programs: CODESOFT®, LABELVIEW™ and LABEL MATRIX® label design software packages (Version 8.0 and higher). BACKTRACK 6.0 is available immediately from TEKLYNX direct resellers. For more information, visit backtrack
TEKLYNX International is the leading software developer of Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) products including software for label design, server-side printing, tracking and mobility. Its software products feature the widest range of device and driver support in the industry. TEKLYNX is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and has connectivity relationships with multiple Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software providers. Over 500,000 companies in 120 countries rely on its integrated software solutions for supply chain automation, warehouse management, shipping and receiving, inventory control and asset management. The company is headquartered in Milwaukee with operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China, and Singapore. More information on TEKLYNX International is available at www.teklynx.com
TEKLYNX, BACKTRACK, CODESOFT, LABELVIEW and LABEL MATRIX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teklynx Newco SAS or its affiliated companies. All other brands and product names are the trademarks of their respective owners.
View all Partners
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
Oracle Gold Partner